wirelesscollege.myfreeforum.org Forum Index wirelesscollege.myfreeforum.org
A Forum for former Instructors, Students and Friends of The Wireless College, Colwyn Bay, North Wales 1920 - 1970. www.wirelesscollege.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The BullsHit
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    wirelesscollege.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Jack & Alans Hostilery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don Armour

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: The BullsHit  Reply with quote

I see that the rubble from the Bulls Hit stands in a heap in the corner.

Today's poser then, "Man, the Bullshit piled up so high, you needed wings to stay above it", who and what film?

Don Armour

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To date, 26 views of this post and NO replies, oh my Sad  Sad  Sad
Jack Edwards

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Don,I was so shocked by the sudden change in the Forum,that I had to lie down in a darkened room with Captain Morgan! I know Dah doesn't dabble in here so I can safely say,what the hell is a Hostilery. Bit posh for us ruffians. What about a hostelry or just a tavern?  We may have some 'hostiles'' amongst our members though!  Great news about the Reunion,I was starting to think we would have to had it in the T.K. on the Prom. We could have had a few 'Directors ales' and a sing song between us,Don.  Now come along Alan either a posting or an excuse!!!TTFN Jack.
Don Armour

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume that a HOSTILEry is an establishment where the natives are HOSTILE, that surely can't be us!!
Jack Edwards

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don,Iv'e noticed that Alan's output of jokes etc has dried up over the last few days.  I hope he's O.K. and sends in a sick note if he isn't. What wonderful films of steam rains on BBC. TTFN Jack.
Don Armour

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's probably too busy sunning himself!!

Ah me, still no replies to my poser in the first post on this reopened thread.

Is it my turn to inwardly seethe? I was HOPING that some of our spectators might have taken up the challenge and astounded us all with their insight and cultural awareness (dream on!!)

Note the split infinitive "to inwardly seethe"

Jack Edwards

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seethe no more Don,I didn't reply to your poser as I thought it might put some of our gongoozlers off replying! Faint hope! The answer of course is Captain Benjamin L.Willard in the film Apocalypse Now. Did you notice my Freudean slip in my previous message?  Re your last,  if I knew what a split infinitive was I would have noted it!  Sorry my education was sadly neglected partly due to WW2 or was it the Boer War? I hope we are not misjudging dear old Alan. But I know he will forgive us if we are! Or will he? TTFN Jack.
Don Armour

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite correct Jack, played by the (then) excellent Martin Sheen in one of my favourite films.

I did notice your Freudian slip but I was far too polite to point it out, I chose instead to assume that the weather in your part of the world was different from the wilds of Wiltshire, whatever else the rain here did, it certainly did not steam.

I have explained "split infinitive" before but I shall not bore you, nor our thousands of avid readers, with a further explanation.

Well, at 11:30 today, the ensign was lowered for the last time at Royal Air Force Lyneham, it was a fairly simple ceremony, ending with the ensign and the unit commander's pennant being marched out through the main gate, ending 72 years of RAF occupancy.

From a maintenance unit in 1940, through a ferry base for spitfires being delivered to frontline squadrons, then a flying training establishment and finally a Transport Command station, home to the Comet, Britannia and Hercules.

I can't remember if they had the Argosy (the whistling wheelbarrow) or Beverley here but no matter, it's ALL gone now.

Jack Edwards

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMPORTANT MESSAGE to all gongoozelers ie those who only look and do not join in! Alan our dear friend from far away Peru is has been very ill in intensive care in hospital. He is now at home but still very weak. I have spoken to him by telephone and given him the best wishes of Don and Dah. If anyone would like to add their best wishes  now is the time here on on this Forum.  TTFN Jack.
Jack Edwards

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delighted to hear that at long last the 'Arctic Convoy Medal' is to be issued to the heroic men who took part in one of the most hazardous events of WW2. The hardships endured by these men were terrible. Also Don,great to see the men of Bomber Command are to receive 'clasp' to their medals. A bit of sense from the 'Madhouse' at last! I joined my first ship in Liverpool in 1943,the good ship Empire Rosalind. She was being fitted with extra radiators and thick insulation around the cabins. Arctic type clothing was being stowed aboard. No prizes for guessing our destination. We set sail in convoy for the MEDITERRANEAN! Phew!
Jack Edwards

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The staff at the Tavern wish all ex-students and friends a very happy Christmas and a Happy New Year. Alan,if you are back in front of your P.C. We hope you are continuing to get better. We are missing you amigo. Come back quickly we need you! Jack.
Don Armour

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that Alan and season's greetings to all our readers, have a good one.
Jack Edwards

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Studying the Forum and cogitating as one does,I wondered what the casual surfer chancing upon this site would think. Would they think that a terrible plague had beset the members? Or could it be natural wastage had caught up with the old morse code key fiddlers? Anyway enough of that. 'Accidentally' lighting on the Facebook Site, I noted that Dah had served in Botswana,Pakistan,Thailand and Iraq! What a coincidence that after he left those peace loving countries they immediately  became war zones! You will recall how quiet the Reunion was last year. I rest my case. I hope Alan will be back with us soon. TTFN Jack.
Don Armour

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the plague that has beset our distressed former colleagues is that they have been stricken mute!!

Incidentally, some stats with respect to the Hostilery:

The BullsHit:  245 views, 13 replies (guess which two member have been monopolising the thread - Alan is excused on medical grounds)!

Dah's Christmas Message: 102 views, 2 replies (one from Dah and one from me)!

Go figure, as our American cousins might say.

Well, as far as the "Jonah Syndrome" is concerned, I can't crow about it.

I (obviously) attended The Wireless College - two years later, it's torn down.

I served as a RO on deep sea trawlers - a couple of years later the industry imploded.

I served for 20 years in the Nimrod fleet - SCRAPPED.

I spent my most recent years (20 of them) at RAF Lyneham - CLOSED, and now, the Hercules fleet itself, together with my current employment is under sentence of death.

Hmm, makes you think doesn't it?

Or maybe it's like the tale of the guy who was cursed by a witch who said he would die - sure enough, 60 years later, he died!

In other words, INEVITABILITY, pure and simple.

Jack Edwards

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Distressed members you say Don. Well in the old days and maybe now as well,when a  poor sailor fell foul of the law or dire plagues etc and had to leave his ship,the British Consul would advance him cash to get home. In his discharge book would appear in the reason for terminating his voyage D.B.S. or distressed British seaman. Perhaps we could start a fund for our distressed mates. Tuition could be arranged for installing espirit de corps among them ie enthusiasm,devotion and strong regard for the honour of the Group. Tuition in posting messages and best of all free supplies of Phyllosan. TTFN Jack.
Don Armour

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, I think I shall spend New Years Eve in a darkened room with a pint of draught Wincarnis.

Happy New Year to all.

Jack Edwards

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Don and a Happy New Year to Alan and you and any other stray surfers who may happen to tune in. Alan and I will be having double doses of Pyllosan!!!Work it out! Don't drink too much director's,TTFN Jack.
Jack Edwards

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke to Alan Smith,yesterday,from his home in Peru. He is slowly regaining his strength. He wishes a Happy New Year to all members. TTFN Jack.
Don Armour

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear, my best wishes for his continued recovery.
dahdedah
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Point taken Reply with quote

Jack,
I take your point. I am gone for just a few weeks and see what happens  - they just could'nt hold it together without me!

Mind you I was also in Accra, Zaire, Malta, Durban. I also managed to do a better job of escaping from Napolean's Island of St Helena than he did!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    wirelesscollege.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Jack & Alans Hostilery All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 1 of 59

Jump to: